The hospitality industry has witnessed a huge surge in mobile activity over the past 12 months, growing at a faster rate than most other industries.
With a 43% increase in hotel related searches*, it is crucial that all hotels have a mobile strategy in place to ensure they maximise the potential of the mobile platform. Dublin-based Net Affinity, who have been at the forefront of mobile technology for the hospitality industry, have released a no-nonsense infographic outlining 6 essential tips for a successful mobile strategy. (*Google Insights into Hotel Vertical In Irelands- Q4, 2013)
Here are the SIX Essential Tips for a Successful Mobile Strategy
1. Have a Mobile Website
A mobile website is no longer a luxury, it’s a necessity.
- In the past 12 months, hotels have witnessed an average of 46% mobile traffic growth
- 1 in 3 visits are from a mobile device
2. Create Mobile Specific Rateplans
Mobile Bookings are poised to grow exponentially over the next few years and with this comes a need to have mobile specific rateplans.
- It is predicted that by 2015, 20% off all hotel bookings will be made via mobile devices. *
3. Upload Quality Images
You must ensure you have a range of high quality images loaded to your mobile web app/ responsive design.
- Image Galleries receive the 2nd highest interaction on a mobile device. *
4. Develop a Mobile Marketing strategy
With exponential growth in mobile traffic and bookings, consider having a mobile marketing strategy to be found via paid and organic search results.
- Google Search Mobile queries grew by 46% in 2013, with 43% of all hotel search queries now made via a mobile device.*
5. Hold availability for last minute mobile bookings
Mobile bookings lead time is getting shorter; to grow your mobile revenue, try holding some last room availability where possible.
- Currently 31% of Mobile Hotel bookings are made for a stay within a 72hr period.*
6. Go Social with Mobile
2015 is the year to leverage Social media via mobile, Ensure you are encouraging social media interaction via your mobile website
- Mobile Monthly Active Users on Facebook increased by over 45% YOY to 874m.
- Mobile Monthly Active Users on Twitter increased by over 37% YOY to 184m