Visual marketing plays an important role in brand awareness and outreach.
Brands experience almost 50% more audience engagement when sharing an image or video on their social media platforms, which is why social networks are increasingly featuring and promoting visual content. Optimizing your visual space online is key to achieving maximum exposure for your name and your brand, and helps build your fan base.
It can be difficult to keep up with all the social media image dimensions for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. They seem to change on a regular basis, and often it’s not clear where to look for the correct sizes for cover images, profile pictures, and other graphic elements. Enter Tent Social, a digital marketing agency that specializes in social media solutions and and content creation. Their team created the infographic below which shows the heights and widths of all those images you need to make your social media channels look fantastic. The guide also includes character counts for the 7 most popular social networks.
Social media image sizes: A quick reference
Facebook image dimensions
- Facebook cover photo: 851 x 315
- Facebook profile photo: 180 x 180
Twitter image dimensions
- Twitter header image: 520 x 260
- Twitter profile image: 81 x 81
Google+ image dimensions
- Google+ cover photo: 2120 x 1192
- Google+ profile photo: 270 x 270
LinkedIn image dimensions
- LinkedIn cover photo: 646 x 220
- LinkedIn profile photo: 100 x 60
Pinterest image dimensions
- Pinterest profile photo: 160 x 165
Instagram image dimensions
- Instagram profile photo: 110 x 110
YouTube image dimensions
- YouTube cover art: 2560 x 1440
- YouTube cover art safe area: 1546 x 423