Watch out: Google’s Penguin 2.0 is fast approaching.
Did Google’s Penguin affect your site the first time around? If so, you might want to listen up and follow these steps to make certain that your site is safe and your ranking doesn’t get slammed. Last week Google’s Matt Cutts announced that Penguin 2.0 is a couple of weeks away, so if you’ve been partaking in black hat SEO tactics, it’s time to stop.
Tactics to avoid
- Link farms, including paid and organic.
- Keyword loading tiles, Meta tags, and anchor text
If you don’t know where to start looking for backlinks that are causing problems, use Google’s Webmaster tool, Open Site Explorer and LinkResearchTool. Investigate the authority of the links that are pointing to your site. A good question to ask yourself is; do they bring value to your website?
- Google page ranking
- Traffic: going to your site?
- Anchor text: is it keyword loaded?
- Is the site index by Google?
What does Penguin 2.0 like?
- Stop buying links.
- Work on high quality inbound links organically.
- Remove unnecessary internal links within your site.
- Remove your site from low quality links that point towards your site: via “link Disavow Tool”. .
If you’re guilty of the following examples it is time to take action before your site get slammed by Penguin 2.0. Don’t sit and wait and hope for the best. Take action today and audit your site, following outline that is provided above.