Let me share some random bits of social media trivia. These are things that I found while keeping up with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. Note that they will change as social media evolves and adapts to new challengers, such as App.net, Tent, Path, etc.
- LinkedIn likes/comments do not make a post go viral because the post does not appear on my connections's Home page.
- There is a way to send tweets to Facebook updates, but no way for tweets to be displayed on LinkedIn automatically.
- While Facebook and Twitter allows a post to be deleted via API, LinkedIn does not allow the post to be deleted via API.
- While LinkedIn and Twitter supports private message via API, Facebook does not support private message via API.
- Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ require users to have one account with their real name, but Twitter does not.
- Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ support follow model (i.e. one-way subscription) although it was first popularized by Twitter.